Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Little Puke

Saturday I had to take an hour trip away from home and took Rowdy with me.  He's been ok riding in the car most of the time, but today after about 30 minutes down the road, he stood up in the seat, started heaving and puked in the seat again.  Luckily I've been keeping a towel on the seat where he rides, so he just puked on the towel.  I stopped the car and changed the towel out and then proceeded with our trip (I carry extras!)  I'm not sure why he does this occasionally, but the only common denominator seems to be that he's chewed and swallowed some of his rawhide bone, as chunks of this bone are in the puke.  Maybe it irritates his stomach and the car ride stirs things up.  Next time I'm taking him on a long ride I'll see if I can keep him from chewing on the rawhide before we go.

Most of the time while riding in the car, he likes to doze off in the seat!  I shot this pic while we were traveling down the highway!

No comments:

Post a Comment