Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day Thirteen

Went to pick up Rowdy today at about 2PM. He was taking a nap when I arrived and he was happy to see me when I got there. They had him in a pet carrier just like the one he likes to sleep in, so I believe he felt right at home. I was sure relieved to see that he was alright. He, of course, didn't have much zippidy in his doo-da, thus he wasn't feeling too rowdy today. He played a little when we got home but tired easily. I'm glad he's home and I believe he's happy to be home too!

I found out that he is not to get the stitched area wet for 10 days, so no baths until then. I might be calling him stinky! One thing I was surprised to find out was that he will need rabies boosters once a year. Seems like years ago we would get rabies shots for the farm dogs every five years. They told me there was a three year shot but not a five.

When they gave him his distemper a week ago, they gave him a pill that will kill all the live fleas on him within a couple of hours. That pill was called Capstar. There is also another pill that will kill for 30 days called Comfortis. This one works just like and in place of Frontline!

No comments:

Post a Comment