Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Six

Today, the little 'butt' got on my nerves.  I had a lot to do today, so I could not give him as much attention as I have had the other days.  I had to go to Lowe's to get a couple of bags of concrete mix to make a ground latch for my double gate at the house, so the ignorant utility meter readers can get it latched right.  Every time they have been in the back yard they haven't latched it properly and it blows open.  I can't risk Rowdy getting out and running down to the highway which is only five houses away.  With a pipe hole cemented in the ground the latch will work easier and maybe they will get it latched properly.

Now back to the Mutt!  The first thing he did was barf up in the car while I was in Lowe's.  At least it was on the towel again, but since there was no vehicle motion, I don't understand why he threw up.  I thought he was getting used to riding in the car.  I've also left him alone at the shop before and alone in the car and he didn't puke then.  Also he didn't seem to be nervous and just laid in the seat while I was driving, so I wouldn't of thought he'd puke!  Next time, he's gonna get left in the shop until I get back! 

The next thing was that I wanted him to be outside while I worked on the cement job.  Because I had to have the gate open, I tied him with the leash to the deck, leaving about 10 feet of slack so he could move around.  Then I caught him chewing on the leash strap, so I told him 'no', took the leash away and got his rawhide chew stick to chew on instead.  He chewed on the stick for a little bit, but after I had worked some more, I noticed he was chewing on the leash again.  Told him 'no' again and pulled it away from him.  Went back to work and in a little while, I saw him chewing on it again!  So I decided to just shorten it all the way up and found that he had almost chewed the cord in two.  Now I'm pissed, because this is one of those fancy retractable ones that aren't cheap, so I popped him a good one and put him in an old garage building and left him in there until I was finished with the job.  After that I let him out and reassured him that he was still my pal.  After fixing the leash, I took him for a walk, which he enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment