Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Chase Is On!

At the shop, Rowdy would sometimes follow me around back and forth while I was working and he would bump against my ankles almost tripping me.  After a month or so of doing this, I started running around a shelving unit just for the heck of it and he would chase me, keeping up right on my heels.

One time a couple of weeks ago, I suddenly stopped and turned around, hollering "I'm gonna get you!"  Well he spun around in his tracks and took off running in the other direction.  Then I started chasing him a little bit.  Now that's turned into a play time game, chasing him all around the shop. 

I've got a maze of shelving units with narrow passages between them and he darts through them like a shot.  He'll run to one end of the isle and stop until I poke around the other end and say 'Getcha, getcha, getcha!"  Then he'll run to the next isle and I 'll cut him off there.  Then he'll run and cross over to the other side and I'll chase him over there.  Every time I catch up to him I'll say "Getcha, getcha, getcha!" and he'll take off and go the other direction.

He's so funny when he runs around in the shop.  When I spot him, he's looking at me with wide eyes and his ears are perked up, as if to say 'catch me if you can'.  Then when I leap towards him and he takes off running with his feed slipping on the floor until he gets some momentum.   He kinda leaps when he's running, his ears flop up and down and his little butt almost scoots sideways under him like he was trying to avoid getting spanked.  What a funny little character he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment