Saturday, April 6, 2019

Unposted Happenings From 2018

Well, a lot of things happened last year (2018) that I did not get to write about and most of them not good. Rowdy had his little world turned somewhat upside down, while mine was too and I had to deal with all of it.

In January my mother fell ill and ended up in a hospital and following that, she went into a nursing home for rehab for a month.  When she got out, I had to take full time care of her, which meant she had to live with me. Even though Rowdy knew her, even before me, this seemed to disrupt Rowdy's home life and he seemed to get a bit upset and growled at me a lot more than he ever had. He finally settled down and got used to it, until mom got worse and ended up back in the hospital and then back into a nursing home, where she passed away a month later.

Rowdy had to deal with me gone a lot after that, taking care of things and I had to get a part time job to make ends meet now. So when I am working, Rowdy is now home alone a lot. This is not much different that anybody else who works and has pets. Rowdy has gotten used to it now, but he is always happy to see me when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment