Monday, January 23, 2017

What Do YOu Want?

Okay, it's 4:30 AM and I am awaken by Rowdy whining, with his paws up on the side of the bed and trying to get my attention.  In a groggy voice I asked, "What do you want?" and then I laid there quietly.  He continued jumping up on the side of the bed, vying for my attention.  I said with a little more angry tone, "It's 4 friggin' 30.  What do you want?  Do you need to go wee-poo?" which is our word for him to go outside to the bathroom.  He dropped back down and tore down the hall, so I got up, went down and let him out.  He just stood by the door outside and didn't go, but then I saw it, a bright flash of lightning.  I knew then what he wanted.  He wanted up on the bed, so I would protect him form the storm.

It was odd to see lightning in the middle of winter and there was little thunder, but I guess the flashes were disturbing him.  So I let him back in and went back to the bedroom, where I pulled up his special 'on the bed' blanket and let him jump up and lay by me for protection.  He was fine after that and I got back to sleep....but not as well as I was sleeping before he woke me up!  That little devil! 

No comments:

Post a Comment