Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dead To The World

The other night we had a storm roll in at around 4AM with lots of lightning and thunder.  Sarah was visiting with Rowdy's buddy Wrigley.  I usually don't let Rowdy up on the bed, but when there is a thunderstorm in the area, he gets scared, so I will make an exception and usually pull and old blanket up for him to lay on.  Thought this time I didn't get the blanket, I let him up anyway thinking he would lay down by our feet. 

Well the little rat nosed his way up between Sarah and I where there was just enough room to barely squeeze in.  Then, after a minute or so, he managed to wiggle onto his back for me to rub his chest.  I did momentarily rub it and then drifted back off to sleep. 

Next thing I knew, I woke up at around 8:30 and Rowdy hadn't moved a muscle.  He was still on his back, sandwiched between us with his feet up in the air.  I couldn't believe that he got that comfortable and just laid there like that for over four hours. Oh, and Sarah smuggled Wrigley up under the covers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment