Wednesday, July 8, 2015

He'd Rather Hold It!

I can't believe how long this dog can go without going to the bathroom.  As of the time I am writing this, he had been over 15 hours since he ate his dinner last night without going. 

When I went to let him out for his final break last night, it was raining.  He won't hardly go out in the rain unless he has to go really bad, so he didn't go.  He got me up early this morning like he usually does, leads me to the door to go out, but it was still raining and he wouldn't go.  Finally, a few minutes ago I conned him to go out, by telling him to go get the squirrel.  Then he went outside and did a very long number 1.  I quickly shut the door on him so he wouldn't get distracted and just stand at the door.  Then I watched him thru the window as he did his business and came back to the door, to be let back inside.  Whew!

There have been times when the weather is good and he still won't go out.  I guess maybe he really doesn't need to go, but he does have a bit of an established routine, so I wonder why he doesn't go.  Hummm, wish I could hold it that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment