Saturday, June 27, 2015

Talk To Me!

Lately, Rowdy has just been a regular, good, obedient dog.  I probably harass him more than he does me.  I wish I felt better and could spend more time playing with him or taking him for walks and such. 

I have however been engaging him in conversation, or at least talking to him for a response.  Using key excitement words like Squirrel or Cat, which he loves to chase, gets his attention and he'll whine and shake his head around making a kind of wa-wa or continuous changing pitch wa sound.

Other key words, phrases or sounds get him excited, like pointing to my watch and saying, "Is it time?" referring to time to eat his dinner or 'chow'.  This riles him up enough to bark with the whining. 

His body language is so cute when he gets this excited as he wags his tail 90 miles an hour, squirms and wiggles around and raises up on his haunches to do a little begging act.  Put it all together with the whine and bark and he puts on the cutest show!

No comments:

Post a Comment