Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Hunka-hunka-hunka-hunka

Out at the farm today, I was getting things ready for work.  I was at one end of the shop building facing into the building, which is a fairly large shop with each end open and only two walls.

Well, all the sudden to my right, Rowdy takes off in a tear, with his hair standing up on his back and sort of growl-barking up the outside of the shop on the right.  After his initial burst and while he was running, he was making a sound like, hunka, hunka, hunka, hunka.  I'm not certain what he was doing, but I believe he was slightly growling while running and although he is not a really fat dog, he ain't skinny either and I think the jarring of his running, was causing him to make the sound.  I've seen him tear off running, chasing another animal like a squirrel, but he is usually either silent or has a rolling growl as he runs.    

So away he went hunka, hunka, hunka, hunka, up one side of the shop, then hunka, hunka, hunka, hunka, across the back.  Then I caught a movement to the left and it was a rabbit, that quickly dove into a hole in the side of the old barn.  Then here came Rowdy, hunka, hunka, hunka, down the other side and he stopped along the side over next to the barn, smelling for where the rabbit had gone.

He didn't get his rabbit today, but he was sure excited with the chase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment