Monday, March 13, 2017

Frantic!

Coming home from the farm the other evening, a big thunder storm was brewing and moving toward me as I was driving home.  By the time I got into downtown the storm had moved over me and lightening was flashing all around.  This wasn't your normal lightening that flashes every so often followed by thunder, but almost continuous flashing across the sky with streaks down to the ground.  I have never seen it this severe before.

From downtown I had to turn toward and into the storm for another 3 miles before I got home.  When I got to my house, Rowdy was waiting at the fence on the west side and followed me around the house to where I park on the east side.  He was frantic with all the lightening and thunder and was yelping at the gate.  When I got out of the car and headed inside, he was at the back door barking and yelping for me to let him in.  I let him in immediately and he was sure happy to be back inside the house and away from the storm, as he whined his happiness to see me.  I gave him a cup of his food for dinner and he was a happy dog again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment