Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Out Fox-ed!

I was taking Rowdy for a walk this morning and on the north side of my subdivision, there is a wooded area with some clearings that are mowed, that are behind a mini storage complex.  Back near the far end of the clearing was a cute red fox.  He was grooming and scratching himself and I tried to get Rowdy to focus on him.  We left the street and walked toward the fox for a bit, before Rowdy finally noticed him.  He took a strong bead on the fox and I released his leash and said "Get him, Rowdy" several times.  He just watched the fox and when we were about 200 feet away and approaching, the fox finally jumped up and scurried of into the bushes.  Maybe if I had said 'Squirrel' he might of chased it.  I was not too concerned that Rowdy would get hurt by the fox, because if he attacked, Rowdy would have ran back to me.  I reattached the leash and we were back on the street to finish our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment