Friday, September 10, 2021

Time For His Shots

 In August, Rowdy's 3 year rabies vaccination was due.  I took him to the vet to get his shot and as soon as we were in the office for a few seconds, he recognized the place and was desperate to leave.  He was pulling on the leash at the door, to go back outside.  

His experiences there have not always been pleasant.  Back when his ear swelled up, I took him there and he had to stay overnight when they cut his ear open to drain it and then sewed it up.  He had laid in his own waste where the kept him, so he was a mess when I picked him up.  I think he was afraid that this time, I would leave him there again and he wanted to go before that happened.  I've seen videos where lots of dogs hate going to the vet.  Rowdy has not been much of a problem with this, however he does get a little scared when we go.

He was scared when I put him up on the table, but he took his shots well.  He got his next 3 year rabies and we added his 5 way + parvo shot this time.  I don't usually get this shot unless I am going to board him, but recently a friend lost a couple of dogs due to parvo, so I decided to get it, since it wasn't expensive.     


No comments:

Post a Comment