Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Hot Dog, Cold Dog

On one of the really cold mornings this winter, I let Rowdy out to take care of business and when I went to let him back in about 30 minutes later, he was lying back by the back wooden privacy fence in the sun.  He jumped up and ran to the door when I called and when he came inside I felt of his body to see how the sun had been warming him on such a cold morning.  The half of his body that was facing the sun was warm and the other half that was against the fence was cold.

I could feel quite a temperature difference between the sides of his body and thought that it was a bit unusual.  I certainly didn't expect to feel that much difference.  I would have thought that the blood circulating in his body would have regulated a more even temperature and also thought there would only be a slight temperature difference.  At least being back inside, his cold side soon matched his warm side and he's back to being just a little Hot-Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment