Friday, January 29, 2016

Dog Fight Deja Vu

At the consignment auction again, at the food area again, the black dog again, started slowly stalking Rowdy.  I hadn't seen the dog all morning, until we got in the food line.  Rowdy slightly cowed and tried to pull away in the opposite direction with his hair standing up a bit.  He remembered her too!  I shewed her away a couple of times as we were standing in line, but she managed to circle around and come up behind me.   About a three second fight took place and I immediately busted them up and shewed the black dog away again.  She tried to get close to Rowdy a couple more times during that afternoon, but would not come very close when I was looking at her. 

I'm growing a bit concerned because she has a bit of a pit bull head and could get much meaner as she gets older, at least to other dogs. She is still a large puppy and is very friendly with the people attending the auction.   If this continues I may not be able to take Rowdy with me, when I attend it.  This is not a stab at pit bulls in general, as I have come across some very friendly ones, but I have also heard that if they taste blood, they will start fighting and killing other dogs.  Since she is not my dog, I will have no way of knowing if she ever did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment