Sunday, July 6, 2014

Another Damn Trip To The Vet

After taking Rowdy to the Vet last week, I had to take him again this Saturday.  He kept us up half the night acting like he was choking.  We were all in bed and he got up and ran down to the back door.  I got up and went down to let him out, because he was scratching frantically at the glass and whining. 

Thinking he really had to go, or possibly throw up, instead he tore out into the yard and started chomping on grass.  After a minute he came back to the door and upchucked a little of the grass he ingested and waited at the door panting, gulping and slobbering. 

I let him in and he immediately started begging up against me as to say, 'Help Me, Daddy!'  I tried to check his throat and petted him till he calmed down some and after the gulping slowed considerably, we tried to go back to bed.  Shortly we were back up with him making more choking and hacking noises and I finally shoved my finger down his throat to see if I could feel anything.  Though I did feel something, the vet said it was probably part of his larynx.  But after I did that, he finally calmed down enough for all of us to get a little sleep at 3AM.

The next morning I observed him for a while and when he started feeling really hot and obviously not feeling well, we took him to the Vet and they x-rayed him and checked his throat.  There were no obstructions in his throat or stomach, but there was some redness and irritation back in his throat to indicate that there may have been something lodged there for a while.  The Vet gave him some Prednisone for the inflammation and some Sucralfate to settle his stomach.  Though tired, he seems to be back to normal right now!    

No comments:

Post a Comment