Saturday, December 3, 2011

Little Houdini

I took Rowdy to an auction with me the other day.  He did fine greeting the other bidders and enjoyed walking around the grounds.  I usually just use his collar and a leash when I take him out to do his business, but when I take him someplace where he is on his leash for a while, I will use his harness so he doesn't pull hard and choke himself.  Well today I had his harness on and I was leading him around while looking at the merchandise to be auctioned.

I came across a few used chain saws that I was interested in.  One of them in particular looked like it might be good and I wanted to see if it would run, so I put the leash down on the ground and stood on it so Rowdy wouldn't take off when I attempted to start the saw.  I got it running to check it out and then shut it off, then somebody hollered at me, "Your dog took off!"  I looked down and found the harness empty and Rowdy gone.  He was about fifty feet away, sitting over by a building where he must of thought it was safe.  I don't know how the LS got out of his harness as I didn't even feel him tugging on the leash under my foot, so he must be a reincarnation of Houdini!

No comments:

Post a Comment